TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms & Conditions of Entry. By entering or participating in this Competition, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these Terms & Conditions of Entry and the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to this Competition are final. These Terms & Conditions of Entry will be available online at www.hogs3bourbon.com.au for the duration of the Competition.
WHO CAN ENTER
2. Subject to these Terms & Conditions of Entry, entry is open to all Australian residents over the age of 21. Winner(s) must have the necessary motorcycle / drivers license suitable for use in the United States. The promoter is not responsible to the winner(s) in this regard on any basis whatsoever. Entry is via www.hogs3bourbon.com.au
RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of Custard Pty Limited (trading as Red Jelly), their related companies, contractors and agencies directly associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Entrants can only enter in their own name.
VERIFICATION OF ENTRY
4. The Promoter (or a person nominated by the Promoter) reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence and proof of purchase) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. The Competition opens at 09:00 (AEST) on Wednesday 29 January 2014 and closes at 17:00 (AEST) on Wednesday 26 February 2014.
6. There is one (1) primary prize to be won (Prize) with four (4) secondary prizes to be won (Prize). The valid entry deemed to have the best answer for the Hogs 3 promotion, as judged by our panel of judges, will win the primary prize. The following four (4) entries deemed to have the best answers for the Hogs 3 promotion, as judged by our panel of judges, will win the secondary prizes. Details of the prizes are listed below:
a. Return flights for 2 people from any capital city in Australia to Los Angeles, California USA RRP $3,876.00.
b. Four nights accommodation for two people at The Hilton Los Angeles Airport USA. RRP $2,456.00
c. 10 day guided motorcycle tour (or classic cars tour if winners have no motorcycle license) for two people with Ride Free (ridefree.com) for 2 people. Includes accommodation, bike rental, tour guide. Does not include food or travel insurance. RRP $9,912.00 (Inc GST). The winner(s) is required to obtain their own travel, medical or such other appropriate insurances as may be required. Winner(s) must have the necessary motorcycle / drivers license suitable for use in the United States. The promoter is not responsible to the winner(s) in this regard on any basis whatsoever.
d. $2,000 dollars spending money. RRP $2,000.00 (Inc GST)
The winner must confirm travel booking with Leisure Travel at Carlson Wagonlit Travel before 1st May 2014.
Prize value: $18,244.00 (inc. GST)
a. Leather Jacket x 4 from www.viparo.com.au. RRP $349.00 each (inc GST)
Prize Value: $1,396.00 (inc. GST)
Total Prize Pool value: $19,640.00 (inc. GST)
HOW TO ENTER AND ENTRY CONDITIONS
7. To enter:
a. Simply purchase any Hogs 3 product (Eligible Products) at any Dan Murphy’s or BWS store nationally.
b. Enter via www.hogs3bourbon.com.au and describe in 25 words or less who you would take on your Hogs3 adventure and why? You must retain your Eligible Product receipt as proof of purchase for your entry.
8. Multiple entries accepted but only one (1) entry is permitted for each Eligible Product purchase receipt.
9. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and NOT at the time of transmission. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
10. Entries that do not comply with these Terms & Conditions of Entry will be deemed ineligible.
11. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any website entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, for engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry.
13. All valid entries will be considered by an independent panel of judges and the entry deemed the best answer will be the winner of the Prize.
14. The judging will be conducted on Friday 28 February 2014 at Custard Pty Ltd 34-36 Elizabeth Street, Hobart Tasmania 7000 ABN 82 106 686 097.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner provide proof of identity and purchase. Entrants should keep their original Eligible Product receipt. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Prior to awarding a Prize, the Promoter may contact an Entrant and request a copy of the Eligible Product reciept.
16. Winners will be notified by phone and writing on Monday 3 March 2014 and their name and locality published in the public notices section of The Australian on Friday 21 March 2014 and on www.hogs3bourbon.com.au.
17. Should a Prize remain unclaimed for 2 months from the date of publication, an unclaimed Prize draw will take place at 10:00 (AEST) on Friday 16 May 2014 Custard Pty Ltd 34-36 Elizabeth Street, Hobart Tasmania 7000. Winners will be notified by phone and email on the day of the draw and in the public notices section of The Australian on Friday 30 May 2014.
18. If a Prize remains unclaimed after the unclaimed Prize draw it will remain the property of the Promoter, subject to any applicable direction given under State or Territory legislation.
19. Unless expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions of Entry all other expenses involved in a Prize are the responsibility of the Prize winner. Any flights, accommodation and tours constituting part of a prize are subject to booking and availability. All costs associated with a travel prize which are not specified to be included in the prize, including but not limited to any transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance and other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner and their companion/s. The winner and any travelling companion/s are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel insurance and documents to travel to the relevant place (including a current passport and visas, if required). Winner should ensure that travel insurance taken out covers motorcycle riding. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, delay or rescheduling of flights and any costs incurred as a result (including, without limitation, accommodation costs) will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
20. Each Prize (or any component of the Prize) must be taken as offered and is not exchangeable, transferable, redeemable for cash or for resale. In the event for any reason the Prize winner does not take any component of the Prize within the time stipulated or in accordance with these terms and conditions then that component will be forfeited by the Prize winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that component of the Prize. Where a component of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute another comparable component of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
21. Use of voucher Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the voucher issuer, including any restrictions and the specified expiry date.
22. Prize values are GST inclusive and are in Australian dollars. Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize value.
23. Each Prize winner agrees to participate in all reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter, unless otherwise notified to the contrary at the time of acceptance of a Prize.
24. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition), the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any written directions made under State or Territory legislation.
25. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the Prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
27. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use a Prize as stated.
28. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE
30. By submitting material to the Promoter, entrants warrant that the material is their own original work and that they own the copyright in their entry. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs incurred arising from a breach of this warranty.
31. Entrants grant to the Promoter a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, modify and communicate any material submitted to the Promoter for any purpose that the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, determine appropriate. Entrants waive any moral rights (or any other analogous rights) which they may have in or to such material contained in an entry.
32. Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose other obligations including statutory consumer guarantees which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all guarantees, warranties, conditions or other terms that apply under or are implied by statute, common law or trade custom or usage.
33. If in the conduct of this Competition the Promoter is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Australian Consumer Law or is implied by any other Commonwealth, State or Territory law that cannot be excluded, the Promoter's liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
34. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant and each Prize winner (including any person that consumes a Prize with a Prize winner) irrevocably waives all rights against the Promoter and its related companies, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives (together, the ‘Indemnified Persons’) and releases and discharges the Indemnified Persons from all claims, liability, costs, expenses, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect or consequential and whether arising under statute, from negligence, personal injury, death, property damage or otherwise) arising from or in connection with the Competition or a Prize. These terms do not limit or exclude liability to the extent that liability cannot, by law, be limited or excluded.
35. To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor any of its related companies or associated agencies accepts any liability to the prize winner(s) or anyone else for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (including without limitation loss of profit, revenue or business and indirect, consequential, special or incidental loss or damage), relating to entry into the Competition or which is sustained in the course of accepting or using a prize.
36. The Promoter is Pinnacle Liquor (a subsidiary of Woolworths Ltd) (ABN 77 159 767 843) of Level 1, 26 Waterloo Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
37. The Promoter’s agent is Custard Pty Ltd ABN 82 106 686 097 trading as Red Jelly, 34-36 Elizabeth Street Hobart, Tasmania 7000.